America needs jobs. Housing creates jobs. Strong government support for home ownership equals strong support for American jobs.
- Home sales in this country generate more than 2.5 million private-sector jobs in an average year. For every two homes sold, a job is created.
- Each home sale touches dozens of different professions.
- Every home purchased pumps up to $60,000 into the economy over time for furniture, home improvements, and related items.
- Housing accounts for more than 15% of the Gross Domestic Product, making it a key driver in our national economy.
- Housing has led this country out fo six of the last eight recessions.
Jobs and Home Ownership. You can’t have one without the other.